Maryville and Youth City

The director is in– I assume this must be Youth City, Coastal Bend (just outside of Corpus Christi), Texas
Maryville Academy, Des Plaines (west of Chicago), Illinois.

I've heard so much about the great fire of Maryville, and of Father Smith. John loved him.

Years later (1988?) I was there working as an environmental consultant for the asbestos removal evaluation. I loved being there. It was like home-coming.

Christmas of 1974 at Kemrely (?) Hall, Maryville Academy. John is at the far right in the back row wearing a green tie. On the far left wearing a red tie is Craig.
John and Craig Craig at Youth City. I've never met him although we exchanged Christmas cards each year. Recently (in October, 2012) he wrote me a long letter. I did not know (or, rather, did not remember) that they met at Maryville and Craig told John about the position at Youth City when he moved there.
Todd Love, who moved to Youth City with John from Winter Park, Florida where they met. Later John moved back to Chicago with Todd.



























The date was 1973 and I believe it is Jim Henders sitting on the shoulders of Uncle Butch.
This looks like South Padre Island outside of Corpus Christi, Texas. John loved his Youth City/ Corpus Christi experience that in 1985 he convinced me to move with him.
1975. In Florida? Puerto Rico?

No comments:

Post a Comment